Monday, October 19, 2009

These Streets Will Make You Feel Brand New




Hello hello, everyone. I just returned from a weeklong excursion to the east coast. I stopped off in the very small town of Chambersburg, Pennsylvania (which I absolutely loved...farms and all) for 3 days to visit some family and then went up to New York for 5 days. NYC was absolutely wonderful, in spite of the unusually cold weather. It rained non-stop for 2 days and the rest of the time was filled with bitter wind chill and a lack of sunshine. None the less, I was able to do a lot, including but not limited to Central Park, the Met, the Highline, and basically a lot of exploring. The only thing the thing I didn't get to cross off my to-do list was Coney Island. I've been to NY many times but have always wanted to go to Coney Island...there's something about creepy carnivals/fairs that catches my interest. Unfortunately because of the rain and whack weekend train schedules, I didn't get to go.

My sister has lived in NY for almost 10 years now, so I was exposed to the some of the best places to eat. With the exception of the Shake Shack (Upper West Side location, we ate there twice and I'm craving it as I type this), the best meals I consumed were in Brooklyn (where my sister lives):
  • Jolie (French restaurant with AMAZING cheese ravioli, probably my favorite meal of the trip)
  • Fragole (my meal was eh but that's what I get for ordering steak at an Italian restaurant. The classic lasagna ordered by someone else at our table was really soft and gooey-- pardon my choice of words...I'm not very experienced in food critique. Nine thumbs up as Homer would say)
  • Diner (in Williamsburg, not really a diner other than the space but I enjoyed a great restaurant burger here)
  • Sam's (Pizzeria run by an interesting father, son and son-in-law, according to my sister. The nice son was there the day we went)
I did a massive upload on flickr. 20+ pictures. Go check it out!

2 comments:

Usma said...

I love these! Def think they are framable for my apartment :)

The Photodiarist said...

Love that first shot!