Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Summer Breeze, Makes Me Feel Fine

Every now and then, between the uncharacteristically cold nights and sweltering heat wave we've been experiencing lately, you stumble upon the perfect weather. Last night, I came home from dinner to find my parents and my niece and nephew all enjoying the evening in the backyard. Despite being well after 8pm, there was still a strange light outside, accompanied by one of those cool summer breezes we Southern Californians find solace in on any given summer night. My niece (who just discovered what camping is) forced my parents to light the firepit which made for a pretty scene. 

 
The "campfire" 

A little blurry, as I'm still learning how to use the manual setting on my camera, but I liked the painted effect that resulted from this.

3 comments:

Sir Squashmo said...

yo homie! im digging the initiative to start something like this!
BTW what kind of camera are you using?

Sara said...

Thanks Danny! I'm using a Canon EOS Rebel XSi 450D, 12.2 megapixels.

Unknown said...

nice!