Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Two Bad Neighbors

The much needed rain has finally arrived in southern California and I couldn't be happier. I'm a fan of the year round heat over here, but I love falling asleep to the sound of rain outside. Lush, green hills, stoplight reflections in the slick streets at night, old flooded streets that remind me of the insane traffic on rainy schooldays from my childhood, an excuse to wear my snuggie all day long-- those are just a few of the reasons I love the rain.


A view of Chino Hills and its surrounding cities on a cloudy evening, taken shortly after the rain stopped for the first time all day.


**I have to admit most of this is coming from the whole "absence makes the heart grow fonder" thing. If it rained all winter, you would see a lot more hate fueled posts like the previous one.

No comments: