Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Leonids

I've never seen a meteor shower. Tonight was the first time I made an effort to sit outside and stare at the sky. Other than what I remembered from random movies and tv shows, I wasn't exactly sure what to look for. Camera propped on the tripod, I sat outside for about half an hour in awe of how brightly lit the sky was. I noticed a couple of falling stars, but no meteor shower. I've lived in Chino Hills for 20 years and I must say I've never seen the stars as bright as they were tonight. My house is on a hill, so there wasn't a lot of city light stealing attention from the stars. These are shots of what it looked like directly above my roof...





None of them are great shots, but I still wanted to share.

I could've sat outside all morning waiting for the meteor shower, but eventually the darkness and quiet started to freak me out. I think I'll use the buddy system next time.

No comments: