Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Art of Entertaining

I never buy housewares. Mostly because I've been living with my parents since I graduated college, but also because I don't spend too much time in the kitchen (unless it's to pop a bag of popcorn or get some cookies...) Well, given recent developments (Ata & I got engaged), my inner 1950s housewife is itching to come out. I was at a random furniture store when I saw this Art of Entertaining line by Grasslands Road. I know it's a little soon, but I loved the vintage style of these pieces and decided to order a few key things for a future kitchen.

Cookie Jar

Nut Bowl
The inside reads "DONT PICK through the NUTS" and the spoon says "SIFT THROUGH GENTLY"

Chalkboard Memo Board
"Things which need REMEMBERING"

Serving Tray (that comes with a display stand)
It reads "don't bite off more than you can chew...IN FOOD & IN CONVERSATION"

Salt & Pepper Shakers
These remind me of Alice in Wonderland

Yes, there's still about 10 months until I'll need them, but collecting a few things here and there will make decorating a lot easier when the time comes around, right?

2 comments:

lauren matsumoto said...

hey sara. are you guys registered anywhere yet? i know it's early but i just thought to ask =)

Sara said...

Haha, noo we haven't registered yet. It's way too early! All I've done so far is pick a venue/date and photographer (this was first on my list lol). I'm giving myself a break for awhile now.